Hands-on Lab: Search Solutions for Inside & Outside the Firewall – Oslo, 23. March 2012
Developing Search Solutions for Inside & Outside the Firewall using FAST Search for SharePoint
Comperio, in partnership with Microsoft Norway, bring you a full-day of interactive hands-on FAST Search training, delivered in a lab environment. After completing this workshop you’ll gain hands-on experience in utilizing the FAST Search product as a platform for creating high-end search solutions.
This lab will cover topics at a high level and deep dive into specific components, such as FAST Search’s advanced content and query processing capabilities, external content sources and mapping crawled and managed properties. You will start out with the OOB features of the FAST Search Center and add advanced features and configurations to build a competent search solution which can solve real business problems.
1. Introduction – Learn the basics of FAST Search Center and FAST administration.
-> Why FAST search?
-> FAST Search for SharePoint architecture and components
2. Add more content and adapt processing to improve the content quality of the search solution -> Search Connectors – content acquisition
-> Advanced Content processing and extensibility
-> The index schema, relevancy concepts and rank profiles
3. Get high quality results with advanced queries -> Querying overview
-> Scopes and FQL – The FAST Search Query Language
4. Create a great user experience for the search solution -> Common search concepts
-> What you can do with the search experience – Out of the Box
-> Enhancing the search output
-> Federated search
Key learning’s for high-end search
• FAST Search Center capabilities
• How to integrate line-of-business data
• How to use the FAST Pipeline – and how it extend it
• Efficient mapping of managed properties
• Managing relevancy and rank profiles
• Optimizing the UX to take advantage of Search
Cost: 4,000 NKr (payable via PayPal or invoice)